Monday, October 22, 2012

Postcards from Japan!

On my visit to Japan I sent my friends some postcards. Here are 2 that I sent:

Hey guys! I've been in Japan for a while and I thought I should tell you about it. I really love the various ways in which the people here express themselves. Their artwork is amazing. As you can see in this picture, this is a new form of Print Art. The women here are especially good at creating artwork. Haiku's are a new form of poetry that people seem to be doing as well. I also really enjoy the paintings that are coming out. They will be big one day! One of my favorite things to do here is to go to the Noh and Kabuki theaters. There are amazing performances put on there. I hope to see you guys again soon! Bye!

Hey guys! Haven't talked in a while so I thought I would write you a postcard. It's going great here in Japan. Today I learned about the Samurai. It is so cool! It's a special type of warrior. There are seven symbols that represent their bravery and honor. Anyways, Japan is going great. I am starting to notice that Japan seems to have borrowed a lot from China. Their language and reading system seems to be a lot alike. I will have to be careful though, the Japanese are Buddhists and I'm a Christian. They don't seem to like them very much. I saw one even get thrown out of the country. It's not bad at all. I still really enjoy the place. There is lots of different food and nice clothes mainly because Japan is an island, so it gets Trade from other countries. Bye guys! I'll be back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment